Please check out Little Painted Polka Dots for my handmade goodness!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

12 days

In 12 days I will marry my best friend.  I will say I do...for better or for worse.  In 12 days I will turn the pages of a chapter that's passed and begin to write the best chapters of my book.  That is hard for me to comprehend, because the chapters up until now have been pretty darn amazing. 

I was born into a family of love - my momma, my daddy and the best big sister ever, my Beckey.  That was my family.  That IS my family. There has always been someone to kiss my boo boo's, wipe my tears, share my laughter.  We took family vacations, sometimes big and sometimes small, but we were together as a family.  We surely had a great childhood.  I grew and we grew.  We had our challenges and overcoming them made us stronger...and closer. 

Babies were born and I was blessed with the most beautiful little niece and charming little nephew.  My heart grew.  It was so full.  I love those littles and I've watched them grow.  Somedays I think my heart might burst.  They make me laugh and bring me joy.  Those two make me so proud and so excited to one day be a great momma, like my own and like my sister.

I am having a hard time with taking on another name.  I am marrying into a family nothing like my own.  The only love ever felt from this other family is from my Jerry.  My sweet fiance'.  His childhood was nothing like mine.  His adult life hasn't been like mine either.  I love him so much.  I will honor him and cherish him.  I am blessed to be his wife. Whether I hyphenate or take his name fully, I will love him with all that I am and all that I have.

I am 29 years old, but feel like a little girl.  I'm a bit afraid of what's to come...leaving the comfort of what I've known for so long.  I'm filled with anticipation and excitement for this love I have and all the things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment