Please check out Little Painted Polka Dots for my handmade goodness!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Trying to exhale

This is supposed to be a weekend of relaxation, fun in the sun, and sharing good times with friends and family.  I am trying to do all of that..."relax and go with the flow" as Jerry so kindly suggested...but it is hard when I am in planning mode. 

I now have less than 3 months to get everything done.  That is less than 12 weeks.  I cannot comprehend taking a 4 day weekend at this time.  Especially because that 4th day in this long weekend is my Monday.  Monday..my only day off this coming week. I even have to work the weekend.  I have stuff to get done.  Not only wedding stuff, but stuff in general. 

For starters, I have 5 pounds of ground beef and 10 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast in my fridge waiting to be sorted, packaged and stored.  I have $50 worth of fruits and vegetables that need to be washed and prepped for easy access all week long.  I have a daily workout that needs to get done, but doesn't seem to happen when you wake up hungover, tired, and bloated from that 1am cheeseburger you had to eat on the way home from the bar.  I don't want to put my real life on hold for this weekend.  I am resisting for now. But I have a feeling that come 4pm, when I am faced with a pitcher full of Kim's delicious sangria, I just may give in to the temptation and try to "relax and go with the flow". 

No comments:

Post a Comment