Please check out Little Painted Polka Dots for my handmade goodness!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let's bake a cake

I fell in love with this button cake when I first saw it.  I needed a reason to make something similar.  I thought it would be perfect for our little reveal dinner with my family.  And so it was.  I bought my fondant and tried my hand at making buttons.  Can I just say, I love working with fondant! 

My martini picks and shot glasses have been collecting dust for the past 4 months, and they will be for the months to come, so I put them to use today.  They are the perfect size for my fondant buttons.  Our reveal dinner is tomorrow, but so is our ultrasound.  I do not do well with secrets and I do not do well with waiting.  That said, I had to bake two cakes to be prepared.  One pink, one blue.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment